Pressure Cooker Sweet Potato & Peanut Soup
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Sweet Potato medium-sized, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsps Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes optional
- 2 1/2 cups Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes from the can with juices
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup Raw Peanuts
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 3/4 cups Organic Coconut Milk from the can
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- Turn your pressure cooker to sauté mode and add the avocado oil. Add the onion and sweet potato and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Then add the garlic and saute for 1 minute more. Turn the sauté mode off and add the smoked paprika, turmeric and chili flakes, if using. Stir to combine.
- Add the canned tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, peanuts, salt, coconut milk and water. Put the lid on and set to “sealing” then press manual/pressure cooker and cook for 4 minutes on high pressure. Once finished, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Carefully remove the lid, and add the peanut butter and spinach and stir tocombine. Divide between bowls and enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days. Serving size: One serving is equal to about 1 1/4 cups soup. No Peanuts: Use sunflower seed butter and sunflower seeds, or almond butter and almonds instead. No Fire Roasted Tomatoes: Use diced tomatoes instead. Additional Toppings: Top with additional peanuts.