Forgotten Ingredient Apple Muffin
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 23-25 minutes | Total time: 38-40 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or you can forget it and the muffins will be just fine!)
- 1 1/2 cups diced apples (+ 2 tablespoons apple sauce, if you have some)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin pan with 9 muffin liners.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Set this aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, honey or maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Add the dry mix to the wet and mix just until combined.
5. Gently fold in the chopped apples and apple sauce (if using).
6. Divide the batter evenly among the liners, filling them almost full, and bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for 1 day or refrigerate for up to 4.